Saturday, December 31, 2011

Avett Bros!

Tonight I went to see the Avett Brothers with my handsome boyfriend. Track 29, a local concert venue, put their tickets on sale at 10 a.m. one morning in December and in 27 seconds over a thousand tickets to the show were completely sold out. I, being awesome and all, was one of the lightning fast clickers and reserved two tickets to give Dillon as his Christmas gift.

Dillon, also being awesome and all, decided to take me so I could enjoy the savory sound of their creative sounding bluegrassy-althernative band. They. Were. Incredible.

The Avett Brothers sounded just as spectacular on stage as they do on their CD's and I had a blast, which says a lot considering my 5'1 stature didn't exactly give me a view of the stage.

I must say if you ever get the opportunity to attend a show - go.





















Attached is my personal favorite song of theirs - The Ballad of Love and Hate
It's a lot slower than most of their material, but this is a good representation of how beautifully written each of their songs are.

No comments:

Post a Comment