Saturday, February 4, 2012

extra calories - extra delicious

By-golly-good-scott. It has been so long since I've posted. My life has been completely nonstop for the past 3 weeks!

I've had job interviews, overloads of homework, exams, along with my 2 jobs and busy life to maintain. Sometimes I feel like giving up on this blog, but at the end of the day - no matter how long I go without posting - I can't. I can't because there is more to this than having so few readers. It's a place for me to vent, explore and challenge myself. And I hope you get something out of it too.

I - at least - hope you take the time to bake some of the delectable dishes I post. I wouldn't post them if they weren't worth melt-in-your-mouth-good recipes.

This outstanding (and easy) chocolate-chip cookie dough pie is definitely something to make, and chances are you'll have most of (if not all) the ingredients at home!

The whole concept of making this pie is just getting a reliable chocolate-chip cookie recipe, and transforming it into a the right amount to fit into a pie crust. Really, it's so simple!

Not only does this baked good taste like a chunk of chocolatey heaven, but it has hypnotic powers - everyone who looks at it immediately has an overwhelmingly strong desire to consume it.

You'll need:

  • precooked pie dish, I just got one of the crumb ones on sale
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 stick of butter (melted)
  • lots and lots of chocolate chips, be greedy :)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 325

Mix eggs, and pour in sugars. Mix well, until consistency is thick, yet smooth.

Beat in softened butter. This will make it creamier.

Add a hefty amount of chocolate chips - just enough that it will still fit in the pie pan!

Put mixture into your pie shell.

Bake for 60 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean! ENJOY, preferably with ice-cream. 

Mix
Bake
Cut
DEVOUR!
I think one of the coolest things about the pie is how the chocolate chips melt to the bottom. It looks like a fun baking technique, but it's just gravity doing it's thing.

Now make a loved one happy today, or save it as a valentine's treat next week. Either way, make time to make this delectable pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment