Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Rock

A best friend of mine ran in The Color Run with me this summer. We drove four hours to Louisville, Kentucky and stayed for the weekend with her aunt and uncle.

Immediately I felt at home. The people who welcomed us into their home were perfect. They had fun, enjoyed life, and lived in a stunning condo with the view of the city. Aunt Jane has fine taste for glass art, and Uncle John has mastered the art of cooking eggs In a cup.

Needless to say, sharing the weekend with them, and my dear friend Laura, was a taste of heaven. The reason I am now blogging about this weekend is to show you Aunt Jane's ring. Her ring is probably (I mean definitely) the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen (assuming MY ring isn't in the running, of course.) Aunt Jane inherited her jewels from Uncle John's grandmother.

Before I unveil the precious, I would like to mention a couple things. The purchaser of the ring bought these during The Great Depression. How crazy is that? I would also like to note that her husband has passed away, so she was living life and buying diamonds on her own during the worst economic crisis of American history. And lastly, I had the chance to put these on my hand. Crazy right?

Now, please cast your eyes on this 5 carat vintage ring. Life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment