Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Carving Smiles

The Saturday before Halloween I was blessed to spend the day with my precious and handsome fellow, Dillon. So for a huge chunk of the day we carved pumpkins, which I haven't done in years.

If you carved pumpkins recently, you will know that it's not nearly as easy as it was when your parents were there helping you. Just the whole process of cleaning out the seeds and whatnot took me a good minute. 

After that the pumpkin design I decided to carve was without a doubt much harder than I had anticipated. I bought the cheap pumpkin carving kit at Walmart, which didn't really suffice for getting the job done of scraping away at the outer skin stuff. 

Regardless, I didn't give up! And so these are some moments that my delightful roomie captured for us.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment