Saturday, November 5, 2011

Becoming a Slacker

Yeah, that's me. I'm becoming a slacker. I don't know why, but I am so ... just not doing everything that I need to be doing for Christ.

I feel like my priorities are in a tizzy, and I'm not quite sure how to overcome this.

I used to read my bible everyday. I used to journal everyday. I used to. What am I doing making excuses? So what if it's only been a few days since I've picked up the Bible, that's no excuse.

Nadda.

I was journaling last night begging God to fuel my fire again, to give me the light that I thought I had lost and I realized something... the only reason I've lost whatever it is is because I've let go. It was never really lost, but instead God was always by my side. He never once left me to go watch a movie, to cook dinner or even to go to class.

And I need to do the same. I never need to leave his side. I always need to be right by the one who always stands by me.

Although I've still got some blowing to do on my fire - people do that right? to make fires bigger? you blow on them? - I know without a doubt I will get to where I need to be if I just always remember the one who is at my side.

How lucky are we? Let me go ahead and answer that for you, we are beyond lucky.

We are blessed.

So instead of being fun and uploading some pictures from halloween, or bowling on Friday I'm going to go read my bible. I've got some catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment