Friday, November 4, 2011

Moving on and out

Today marks the weekend of when Allison and myself gradually move out of our classy apartment. It's something to celebrate because we will hopefully be transitioning into something, well... for lack of a better term, nicer.

Don't get me wrong, our apartment is alright, but with the infestation of critters that I'm far too afraid to kill and the thin walls I look forward to not having to blow a fan every night to drown out the noise of the people above us walking.

I could go on and on about all the benefits of moving. But instead of boring you with that, I have to say I am still sad.

Not sad to leave this dreaded place we've called home for a little over a year now, but sad because leaving here means leaving Allison and moving on.

In my last post I mentioned she was fantabulous, which is the truth. She's the best roommate a gal could ask for, and not having her to come home to every night will be heartbreaking. She's funny, kind, and so willing to go above and beyond for anyone. Allison has been a spiritual mentor in my life, and it's just going to be different without her.

And all these months that have gone by we have experienced everything together!
Tornados, blizzards, floods, and not to mention all the personal battles we've both overcome.

But while it's sad to say goodbye, I know that she has so much to look forward to. She's brilliant, remember? She's funny, smart, beautiful and kind. She has talents beyond description and her heart is set on God. It's a beautiful thing.

However, the most beautiful thing that whatever she does, whether it's as serious as being a math teacher or a youth director or as fun as being a Disney princess or a dog trainer... I know without a doubt she will do it all to the glory of God.

So as we move on and out, what in your life do you need to pack up and pursue? Is it a friendship you need to get away from, is it a career, or do you just need to give your all to your education?

Whatever it is going on in your life I'm sure there are ways you can improve on putting God first.

Do it. Move on from this old life you're living. Be renewed.

Shine brighter than the sun for all the world to see.

To share something delightful, this is a video by Lecrae called "Don't Waste Your Life" - don't stay comfortable. If you think Christ is real what are you going to do about it? Sit pretty and wait, or are you willing to GO? Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment