Saturday, January 7, 2012

85 mm

I've learned a lot about photography lately:

1. lens are expensive
2. lens make all the difference
3. i desperately want a low-light lens
4. having a lens w a low aperture works wonders

Most of this knowledge was discovered after my dad let me borrow his 85 mm (which I love everything about it except the fact it's so flippin' zoomed in.)

I'm just so impressed how the 85mm takes photos. Everything is exceptionally clear even though the only light offered is that from our dim light-fixtures. I took these pictures late one evening, and it perfectly captured the view.  Enjoy, and if I might add - Gibson, my precious pup, is one of my best models! Isn't he so photogenic?




Since playing with this lens I've been researching what will offer me the same effects with a more wide-angle, close capturing frame, and I seem to be stuck on a 35 mm or a 50 mm - each with an f-stop of around 1.8.

Do y'all have any suggestions? The more budget friendly the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment