Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Livin' on a Prayer

Today was the second day of class.

And for me to say I am terrified of what this semester holds would be an understatement.

Regardless of taking such intense courses, I know there is a reason I spend so much time devoted to my school work. That's simply to glorify God: study hard, give it all I've got, and keep my eyes on Jesus.

I realize I am so blessed to have scholarships, a campus full of friends, and the opportunity to share my faith. I am blessed to have an education in what I'm passionate about, and I'm blessed to even find parking in the morning.

And I'm blessed to still know how to have fun.

Last weekend I joined my new roommate at an 80's formal birthday party. We conquered the thift stores around town, put on tons of makeup, heavy amounts of jewelry and if we were around a fire the hairspray in our hair would have caught our head on fire.

However, upon arrival at the restuarnt, we had a moment like El Woods in Legally Blonde where no one else was dressed up.

Despite being the only ones looking hilariously tacky, we swallowed our pride and owned our floral dresses. Since we were the only ones that went all out, we even had a random woman enforce the fashion police on us.

Here's us in all our glory - shoulder pads included:




now if only I had these fabulous and vintage sunglasses to wear: oh how I love vintage sunglasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment