Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happiness in a Mason Jar

My core group leader - basically a spiritual mentor - made all of the people in our group some precious Valentine goodies. The entire concept of the gift was simple: mason jar filled with candy. How she put it together, however, is what sold me on why I need to do this for all future occasions. I couldn't resist sharing this fabulous and creative idea, and I hope you get a lot of use out of it!

What I like most about the idea is how versatile it can be. While ours is super girly and Valentine themed, you can easily fill the jar up with anything to fit the occasion.

It's easy. It's cute. And it's thoughtful.



Step 1: Save all jars. So for the next time you feel like throwing away a mason jar... don't. Or at least send it to me, I will message you my address.

Step 2: Buy relevant candy. Jelly beans, M&Ms, Skittles, etc - anything that has color and fits the situation. Then fill the jar with the deliciousness.

Step 3: Buy some burlap, get some sample fabrics at the store, or cut a brown paper bag. Put it around the lid of the jar for it to be tied up.

Step 4: Find some colorful ribbon, or string to tie the jar up with. Get something that matches, and it will create a crafty, happy and caring feel to the entire (and inexpensive) prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment