Saturday, March 3, 2012

I love this because...

Tonight I got crafty. This is a reason to celebrate because I've never once embraced the potential crafty bones in my body. That's not to say I don't take advantage of my creative side, it's just never been so "hands-on."

My inspiration started with the Etsy page of A Content Housewife, and the crafty blog Just Another Hang Up.

Here's what I made, prepare to be proud.


It's an I love you because frame - where you can write with an erase marker a quick note to why you love someone.

What you need:

  • Fabric - Muslin works well, but anything that's corse will work wonders. When it comes to patterns pick something that has a small pattern, or solid colors. With all the twisting for the creation of the flower it will be beneficial to get something that won't look incomplete due to the execution process.
  • Scrapbook paper, I designed the template for the print via inDesign.
  • 8x10 frame
  • Hot glue gun

How to:
out of 44" length of fabric, cut the width into 1-2 inch sections
fold it in half, and tie a knot at the two ends 
wrap the fabric around the center, and hot glue it when you have the
perfect center section to your liking
Continue wrapping, but then start to twist the fabric -
this gives it the look of petals. Then hot glue the back of it and
under some of the different twists to secure the creation.
To make the 8x10 frame festive, just hot-glue these bad boys in
the two opposite corners.
and the final product will be a lot like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment