Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I don't wanna be

“Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn't have the time to sit around and talk about you. What's important to me is not others' opinions of me, but what's important to me is my opinion of myself.”  - C. Joybell

If you ever are feeling low, and you need a quick encouragement - C. JoyBell C. offers some of the wisest thoughts in the world. I am exceptionally impressed by her ability to beautifully convey in words that help overcome all the encounters life provides. Man, what an inspiration!

Her quote leads me right into my post about someone else who is quite incredible with words - in lyric writing that is. 

I recently saw Gavin DeGraw in concert. Aside from a country singer opener, the night was fantastic. I stood singing and dancing to his old songs with one of my best-friends, Kendra. We let our hair down (ok, not literally, since it was so hot in the venue) regardless, we enjoyed the entire experience.

Gavin DeGraw is one exceptional artist. 




I highly recommend spending a few extra dollars to see him live. It will rock your world.

2 comments:

  1. The first concert I ever went to was Gavin DeGraw. He is an AMAZING artist!! I love him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber - I saw him once before when I was in middle school, you'd be amazed at his ability to perform now. He has totally evolved into a remarkable singer :) (more so than before!)

      Delete