Friday, March 23, 2012

There's more

There's more - that concept seems so simple to really reflect on and hard to grasp, but I'm here to tell you it's legitimately true. 

I'm sure you've heard the saying about the grass always being greener on the other side, but in all honesty we just don't utilize the complete goodness our life can have. If we just focused a little bit more on making our lawn luscious and well nourished then our front yard would be greener. And honestly I think that's all there is to it - I think that we have the utilities to make our lives fabulous, we just don't take advantage of it.

I'm reading a book. Ok, that's a lie... I've had this book sitting on my bookshelf for months now, and I'm not actually reading it. But I picked it up earlier this week and saw a brilliant quote. It make me smile and I hope it's a quick reminder to yourself that we have a God who is God. Do you realize how fantastic that is? 

                 

God isn't some far away object. He is a father that is every present in our lives. The bible shares with us how magnificent He is, but so often we dismiss all His incredible goodness. He specifically tells us about his availability to bring joy into our lives. He tells us to knock and a door will be opened. The only thing God can't do is fail.

Quit settling. Start to retrieve the finest things in life - Godly things. Rely on all that our Lord can offer and your grass will be greener than a fresh four-leaf clover.

And if you ask me - that is a remarkable blessing I would hate to waste.

1 comment: