Monday, March 19, 2012

Breakfast of Champions

I believe that food is a staple to our lives. Not simply because the substance is something our body needs to survive, but it is a consistent feature in almost all bonding experiences. First dates typically involve a dinner, family get-togethers have snacks of some sort, and holidays always end with a home-cooked meal and lots of conversation.

So often you see married couples of many years eating silently across the table with "nothing to talk about." But I find it hard not to converse when someone so handsome is sitting directly in front of me.

I'm talking about Dillon.

Not too long ago we decided to clear our morning schedules and get breakfast in a place I had never gone before. If you know nothing about me, here's one valuable fact: I love breakfast. Dillon knows the way to my heart, and after already dining at this small local downtown diner, he immediately decided that I had to go, and he was going to take me.

I'm so glad he did.

Longhorn is like an upscale Waffle House - except with pancakes and they don't call you by a pet-name. Dillon and I were so intrigued by all the menu choices we decided to each get a meal, as well as share a plate of pancakes.

Needless to say our table was so full we had to remove extra condiments so everything would fit.

You may say gluttony, but I say it is memories.




With bellies full of lots of food and our hearts full of love, our entire morning was priceless. 

Let my experience be an inspiration to you. Add some valuable conversation to your life over a meal this week, and fall in love with the intimacy food shares. Be even more daring and go to a restaurant you've never been before.

Live a little, and let your light shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment