Thursday, October 20, 2011

God spelled backwards

While I've yet to blog about him, I have a dog. He's a 74 pound heathen that's on a diet, and is consistently eating things he shouldn't - like my bible[s]. However, despite his mass of destruction to my prized possessions, I am convinced this creature I adopted from a shelter a year and some months ago was born just for me.

Meet Gibson.

Or as I often call him, Gibbs. Dillon sometime calls him Gibanthony, and others call him Gibbers, Gibby or just fat.


Although this picture could be in better focus, I adore everything about what's captured here. This was right before we got into the car for him to undergo some surgery, and he was being ever-so patient, and grinning :) despite the fact he was fixing to go under the knife.

I love how dogs can be so naive... I mean, I love how dogs just live in the moment.

They don't care about what might happen next, instead they just choose to indulge all they have into the exact moment they're living.

I think that's a lesson we all need to learn, live in the present.

The bible tells us not to worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. All I can say to that is "amen."

Like I said earlier about Gibson being a heathen, I can honestly say he is such a delight. He is what keeps me sane sometimes, and while the rest of the world stresses me out, a disgusting, wet, slobbery kiss from him brings me back down to the level of living in the moment.

Live like a dog today, and I don't mean that as giving you an excuse to smell your friend's butts - instead live in the present, seize each moment and cherish all you have.

Let God's light in you beam.

No comments:

Post a Comment