Tuesday, October 25, 2011

R&R

That stands for rest and relaxation, sometime college students, and I'm sure just the American population in general completely forgets about. Individually and as a whole, that's just... bad.

But if you are a follower of Christ, forgetting about this step in our life is a sin.

I mean, do you follow me? Not taking the time to take care of our health is a sin.

I'm not telling you that you just need to eat healthy, or that you need to exercise regularly, because that is an obvious step in the way to maintain "your body is a temple," what I'm saying is something that seems to be blatantly forgotten.

It's like in our culture it's a goal to be the most busy people, or to strive to run off the smallest amount of sleep. What's up with that?! How are you going to glorify God if you're running low on energy? How are you supposed to give it your all when you're not taking care of yourself?

What I'm saying here isn't just for you, but for me too. It's almost 11 pm, I still need to study for a quiz in the morning, and I need to be awake by 6 am. Why do we do this to ourselves?

I think tomorrow everyone needs to make it a point to savor the day; I'm not saying play hookie and forget about your obligations - instead make it an effort to make time to take care of yourself. Plan somewhere in your schedule to rest this week.

And always remember, Sunday afternoon naps are always the best :)

Take rest and know the Lord is good.

Beam with the light of God always and forever

No comments:

Post a Comment