Monday, December 12, 2011

Craving more...

Do you ever feel like sometimes you're just wanting more of things? I mean, I guess it's the season where people are constantly adding things to their Christmas list, or buying prizes for their loved-ones... but this year I have something completely different in mind.

There are two things I really want this year - the first and most important being money so I can go on a mission trip this summer, and secondly I would to expanding my photography. Which, if you ask me, the two can totally go together. I love seeing pictures of people living their lives in another country with children surrounding them with love. And I would so love to be the one capturing those priceless moments, ahh - how beautiful.

This summer I thought I was going to go to Zimbabwe, but lately I've been wondering if maybe, just maybe the only reason I'm being put through four semesters of Spanish is so I can reach people by knowing (kind-of) their language - some place like Brazil. So, lately I've been in turmoil about where to go, and when. Did you know it's not really that easy to find mission work, and organizations? You'd think the internet would be crawling with opportunities for people to serve abroad, but I've yet to find a legit program that will give me what I want.

Regardless, I plan to serve my God where ever he so puts me, and until I know where that is I will continue to ask for money. God is good, and God will provide.

The real point of this post was to talk about how I wish I was taking more pictures. Oh, how I want to have photoshoots with friends and go places to expand my knowledge of my camera! Lately I've learned so much about lighting and lens, it's hard to behave and not buy all kinds of new trinkets for my SLR... First I will use what I have and I hope that I can find some victims to take some portraits of.

For now I will leave you without any pictures, because I've been boring and haven't had much fun with my camera.

And just like a lens, I want you to let in the light and beauty will be captured.

Have a manic monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment