Sunday, December 25, 2011

Lemon Cookie Delight

So, there's a bakery near my work that sells some of the most delicious treats in the world. (Or, at least in Chattanooga.) Regardless, this bakery is something I've grown up on, and I had a brilliant idea to attempt at making some cookies that taste like their delightful, melt-in-your-mouth lemon cookies.

I am proud to say, I found a recipe that tastes JUST like these cookies and it's exceptionally EASY.

I brought them to all the family festivities, and they were a hit! I unfortunately left a batch at home which means they're sitting in my kitchen taunting me to devour every single one of them. I should be upset about this. But darn, what's 11 more pounds, right?

I found the recipe on yummly and trust me, they will make your heart, stomach, and friends you serve them to the most happy they've ever been. ever. ever.


dough:
1 lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
icing:
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with foil.
2Mix together cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheets and bake for no more than 8 minutes. Do not overbake! Once all the cookies are done. Remove the foil. You have a no need to clean baking sheet.
3To Make Lemon Icing: Mix together confectioners' sugar, lemon extract, and milk. Mix ingredients together (more or less to your desired liking). When the cookies are warm or completely cooled, place as much icing on them as you like!





2 comments:

  1. Yummy.... I used lemon juice and powdered sugar for the frosting.... very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, it's amazing what powdered sugar can do! These are my new "go-to" cookie, glad they worked for you too!

    ReplyDelete