Monday, December 26, 2011

Red Velvet Sandwich

One thing I love more than most things is red velvet cheese cake. It's delicious! So, because of this obsession, I thought I'd make something similar for my friends. For Christmas I made a large amount of red velvet cookies for the people whom aren't easy to buy for.

I made a batch for Dillon's colleagues, some mentors at my church, and my roommate's boyfriend. Everyone said they were consumed quickly, and had I left any more at my house I would have gotten a little bit vicious if someone else tried to eat them.

They were that good.

I found the recipe on Bakerella, and I just added a little bit more powdered sugar to the mix because my consistency came out a little wet which flattened the cookies to be "unsandwichable" after cooking. I also didn't have time to make an icing (I'm working a lot, ok?) so I just bought some cream cheese whipped icing from the store - which worked perfectly fine.

Take the time to make some for a loved one. They'll be thankful, I promise.


1 Box red velvet cake mix
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 Eggs
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix ingredients until combined.
  • Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes.
  • Cool.
Cream Cheese Filling
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 8 oz. Package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 1lb. Box of confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
  • In a mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
  • Gradually add sugar and mix until smooth.
Makes about 24 cookies or 12 cookie sandwiches 

Gibson loves when I cook - he wait patiently for droplets to hit the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment