Tuesday, December 27, 2011

SWAG

This Christmas was amazing. Each holiday I am reminded of how truly blessed I am, and this year I was reminding in a way that amplifies my love for the Lord and how grateful I am for the life he has given me.

One gift that I so desperately desired was a shirt from 147 Million Orphans, it's an organization that is spreading the message and hope for millions of orphans worldwide. The entire company was started by two moms who just had an intense love for parentless children. It is so inspiring, and this year I asked for a shirt.

I got one. Dillon was thoughtful, he looked past the steep prices for shipping and gave me a shirt that means more to me than any article of clothing I own. Not only is it from the boy I love, but it brings awareness to those who see it, and the proceeds of the shirt go towards someone's adoption process.

How beautiful is that? Here's the shirt I bought:

The front of the tee has the scripture of James 1:27 on it: “Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for the orphans and widows in their troubles  and refuse to let the world corrupt us.”

Seriously, check out their site. I desperately want to own so much of what they have! It really is a reminder to me personally how blessed I am to be able to live the life I live. God is good, and God is faithful.

With that said, here's some other goodies I found that one day maybe I'll own - it's another way to remind those around us about our living savior. JCLU Forever has some pretty nifty designs. I'm a big fan.


Most of us will wear our favorite band shirts, favorite store, and favorite vacation spot. How about we start to sport our lifestyle? Imagine the difference it could make.

Go out in the world and let your light shine today, tomorrow and every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment