Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Modest is Hottest

Sometime during last semester I went to a lunch with a dear friend, and I heard someone say "modest is hottest." Tonight, after seeing multiple people (in the middle of winter I might add) wearing too tight of pants, shirts that are too short, and skin-showing clothing - I decided to make a small tribute to that saying.

So here it is, let's bring a little more awareness to the way we dress, ladies, and take a second to focus on what clothing really looks good:



I got on my indesign, (which I must say is a great way to procrastinate) and I made this little banner.  I made it as a way to remind us what it means to be a woman of God. Carrying this title comes into affect every second of your life. It's not only about what you say and do, but also about how you carry yourself visually. What you wear, and how you wear it. Not to mention, living for Christ especially means not tempting your brothers in Christ. I know being a girl we want to look nice, and be complimented, blah blah blah -- but what are you intentions when you "dress to impress"? Our identity is not in being beautiful. Our identity is being a daughter of God, an heir to the throne, being unconditionally loved by a Father who is far greater than this world we live in. 

Modest is hottest, dress with class! Do not conform to the trends of tight, skin-showing, flashy attire. Yeah, with today's society it may be a lot easier said than done, but start today. Plan your outfit accordingly, and as a youth once said: before you leave house in the morning, look in the mirror and imagine Jesus standing next to you - then go from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment