Thursday, April 26, 2012

I did it

Yes.


I did it. And I did it without breaking down.


I have conquered finals. And I even made a 100% on my last final - what a way to end this horrendous week off, right? The grand finale of fireworks were indeed cheer-worthy. 


Praise God I got through this, and I am even more thankful to take the time and be joyful for the incredible opportunity to educate myself more fully. Usually this time of year I get exceptionally bitter, but this year the good Lord put a few different things in my path to maintain my focus and eyes on Him.


One of the things that really stuck out this week was Francesca Battistelli's song called "Don't Miss it." The simple lyrics have reminded me to be thankful for this chance to earn an education. Despite dreading the tests and exams that come with college, I still maintained a positive outlook during the week. Here is the chorus:




"Don't try so hard to move past the moment.These days go by and they're gone before you know it.So come on, open your window, let the light shine in -This is life don't miss it"



I have determined there is still something so pleasant about expanding your knowledge base. This song just helps to establish my joy for life and all things included within that.


However, the most significant impact of my week happened the Sunday before finals week. I started my finals week off with a concert at Lee University in Cleveland, TN - I went with two of my dearest friends to see Gungor.


They are without a doubt one of the most impressive musicians I have ever seen perform. Ever. They are so full of the desire to glorify God that His presence was so overwhelming in the auditorium. 




Having hundreds of fellow Christ followers worshipping in one room is without a doubt powerful. It is so phenomenal to see God work. This concert calmed me and prepared me for the week to come, and helped me to keep God writing my life's script. I maintained God's leadership, and let him take charge.


The only thing God can't do is fail, remember? While God doesn't only want A students, he sure did provide for me - 100% remember?


Let God reign.


PS - Here's the email my professor sent me after the exam:
Hi Laura - I thought you'd want to know that you got every single question right on the exam.  That's a first for me - congratulations.
God is good. Happy summer!

1 comment:

  1. so jealous you are done with finals and are already enjoying summer! what a cute blog. xo

    ReplyDelete